1. TikTok
TikTok is one of my main sources when it comes to keeping up with current events. I find myself coming across news about politics, pop culture, and more about things happening in the world while scrolling on my For You Page. TikTok's short form content makes taking in information more interesting and quick, which is the appeal for me personally. I completely acknowledge that TikTok is not always the most accurate and reliable with the information that it shares. This is why I choose to further look into a topic that is introduced to me on TikTok, on a different, more reliable news source.
2. Google
I most likely use Google after coming across cross a story that interests me on a platform like TikTok. Google gives me a quick and efficient overview of news. Google also gives me many different news sources so I can compare stories and perspectives. I know not everything tat comes up on google is a reliable source, so it is just important to fact check websites.
3. Instagram
Instagram is another source that I get news from sometimes unintentionally. When the news I see is from a verified account, I see it as most likely to be more credible. I do keep in mind that different news sources promote certain stories and lean certain ways so I also fact check. I come across a lot of news while scrolling instagram whether it is my algorithm of people I follow posting their views on their stories. People Instagram is another platform with more short form content, sometimes the whole story is not told or is leaving out important information.
4. Family & Friends
Another way I hear about current events in through my family and friends. They will sometimes send me a news story, post, or an article on an event that they think I should know about or that they think I would be interested in. Since I'm not one to be consistently checking the news this is often how I end up hearing about things. If the story is something that I am interested in I will usually look more into it on my own. Although I obviously trust the people sending me news, I fact check it by looking it up on my own after it is sent to me.
5. Fox News
Fox is a more traditional source that I tend to get news from. Getting news from here rather than my other sources like TikTok and Instagram allows a more depth source rather than short form platforms. Of course no news source is perfect and they all lead with some bias, but I do find that Fox is accurate and somewhere I find myself getting news from. I still tend to look at other sources just to compare and get two sides to a story.
No comments:
Post a Comment